1818 Bethany Chapel

The Bethany Baptist Chapel, standing at the top of what was then Tregenna’s Hill and is now Bellevue Terrace, was the first Chapel to be constructed in the town. It was built by volunteer labourers on land donated by Sir John Owen, and had the capacity for 350 people. The Chapel and its burial ground, where many of Pembroke Dock’s early residents were interred, were surrounded by a high stone wall. Although the original building no longer survives the present Bethany Chapel stands in the same position. Its foundation stone was laid in 1877.

1818: Bethany Chapel

The Bethany Chapel.