1848 St John’s Church

Nonconformist religious needs had already been met by the building of a number of Chapels, and the Roman Catholic Church of St Marys on Meyrick Street had opened its doors in 1847. It was not until 1848 that St John’s Church was consecrated on Bush Street, thus providing a place of worship for the more orthodox Church of England christians and removing their need to travel to Pembroke to attend services. St John’s was built on land donated by the Meyrick family. It was consecrated by the Bishop of St David’s on 29 September 1848, thus making Pembroke Dock a new Parish.

1848: St Johns Church

St Johns Church on Bush Street.