1902 The Masonic Hall

On May 20th, 1902 the foundation and corner stones of the Masonic Hall on Bush Street were laid. The Freemasons had previously met in various other locations but now they were going to have a permanent home in the new building, which is still standing at the time of writing. The Masonic Hall was officially opened in January 1905, when the members of the Loyal Welsh Lodge 378 marched – in full regalia – from St John’s Church to the new building in a procession led by the town’s Volunteer Band.