1905 Llanion Barracks

The imposing red-brick Barracks in Llanion, some of which are still standing, were built to replace the Hut Camp which had been erected in 1855. The new Barracks were some of the first to offer soldiers separate areas for living, eating and sleeping and were considered to be at the forefront of modern technology at the time. These Barracks continued to be used until 1966, when they became surplus to requirements.

1905: Llanion Barracks

Llanion Barracks, now the headquarters of the parks authority.